Stop Bullying Now - an Anti-Bullying Special Episode
Live Happy Section Editor Chris Libby joins us to discuss the topic of bullying, how it starts and what you can do to help stop bullying. In this episode we are joined by a panel of people that were interviewed for an article published in the October issue of Live Happy magazine.
You will hear from Jaylen Arnold, a 15-year old with a mission to stop bullying, Deborah Temkin, Ph.D., who has worked closely with the US government to bring an intersection between education and healthy social and emotional development, and Alejandro Adler, a PhD candidate in Positive Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania whose research focuses on well-being, education and public policy.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The root of bullying behavior
- Warning signs parents can look for
- Why zero tolerance policies don’t work
- How to prevent your child from becoming a bully
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- To learn more about Jaylen Arnold, visit JaylensChallenge.org
- Download free posters with different anti-bullying messages
- To learn more about Deborah Temkin's work, visit ChildTrends.org
- Discover 5 things to know about bullying
- To learn more about Alejandro Adler's work, visit ASAP4all.com
- Download Alejandro's research paper Gross National Happiness in Bhutan: A Living Example of an Alternative Approach to Progress
- Thank you to our partner - AARP Life Reimagined!
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for joining us this week on Live Happy Now. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Live Happy Now Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and helps others to find the podcast, we greatly appreciate it! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Jaylen Arnold, Deborah Temkin and Alejandro Adler for joining us this week.