- Surround yourself with happy people! Happiness is contagious. When you are among happy people who help uplift, inspire and support you, you have that many more reasons to smile.
- “Practice random acts of kindness.” There is no such thing as a small act of kindness; each action creates a ripple and impacts another in unimaginable ways.
- Try to limit negativity. Whether it’s people, places, situations or outside influences such as the media, in today’s world, sensationalism sells. Restrict the negative influences in your life, so you can be balanced. You’re guaranteed to keep smiling when you see all the good the world offers.
- Leave the past behind. It’s natural to replay the negative events that have occurred in your life, but when the bad begins to outweigh the good, you need to unpack your baggage so you can move on.
- Give wholeheartedly to receive. Generosity is one of many ways to be happier. Whether you are devoting time, money or energy to a cause or person, every little bit counts. Research proves that being generous and loving toward others actually improves your immune system.
- Find a happy place. Everybody needs a pick-me-up once in a while. When choosing yours, make sure that it has a positive effect on your life. Don’t escape, but do retreat so you can regroup.
- Integrate exercise into your life. Most people regard exercise as a chore. But studies show that when you add a form of exercise you enjoy, be it yoga, rock climbing or running, to your daily routine, you are balancing the mind/body equation and reducing stress levels.
- Share the joy in your life. Since smiles are infectious, it’s pretty easy to start a chain reaction! When you smile at strangers, you’re not only making their day better, you’re making yours better, too! Let your happiness overflow into the lives of others.
- Treat yourself better. Instead of letting your inner voice constantly question, doubt and criticize yourself, try speaking to yourself like someone else is listening, so you encourage, motivate and inspire yourself every day.
- Make happiness a daily choice. Sometimes, it really is just that simple.
10 Ways to Be Happier
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)