Christine Carter: The Sweet Spot
This week, on Live Happy Now, we have Christine Carter, sociologist and senior fellow at UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center and author of The Sweet Spot: How to Find Your Groove at Home and Work.
Dr. Carter offers listeners not just a way to cope with modern pressures, but a way to truly thrive. Dr. Carter looks at living life from our “sweet spot”—that place of both power and ease.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Say “no” strategically and when to say “yes” with abandon
- Make decisions about routine things once to free our minds to focus on higher priorities
- Stop multitasking and gain efficiency
- “Take recess” in sync with the brain’s need for rest
- Increase your ratio of positive to negative emotions
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Sweet Spot: How to Find Your Groove at Home and Work
- Thank you to our partner - AARP Life Reimagined!
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week on Live Happy Now. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Live Happy Now Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and helps others to find the podcast, we greatly appreciate it! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Christine Carter for joining us this week. Until next time!