Make August a month to celebrate friendship.
1. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ―Helen Keller
2. Help a friend move.
3. Read Chicken Soup for the Soul: Just Us Girls: 101 Stories about Friendship for Women of All Ages by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Amy Newmark.
4. Watch Beaches.
5. Listen to “My Best Friend” by Weezer.
6. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” ―Bob Marley
7. Take your “best friend” for a walk.
8. Read MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend by Rachel Bertsche.
9. Watch Goonies.
10. Listen to “Count On Me” by Bruno Mars.
11. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” ―Abraham Lincoln
13. Read Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson.
14. Watch Marley & Me.
15. Listen to “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman.
16. “Words are easy, like the wind. Faithful friends are hard to find.” ―William Shakespeare
17. Start a supper club with your friends.
18. Read Comrades: Brothers, Fathers, Heroes, Sons, Pals by Stephen Ambrose.
19. Watch How I Met Your Mother.
20. Listen to “We’re Going to Be Friends” by The White Stripes.
21. “Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.” ―Richard Bach
22. Have a Friends marathon.
23. Read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.
24. Watch The Help.
25. Listen to “I’ll Stand by You” by The Pretenders.
26. “Nobody can take ever take a friend’s place—nobody.” —Maya Angelou
27. Invite everyone over for a game night.
28. Read The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.
29. Watch New Girl.
30. Listen to “I’ll Be There” by The Jackson 5.
31. “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art….It has no survival value; rather, it is one of those things that give value to survival.” —C.S. Lewis