Karen Cassiday—Managing Negative Thinking
In this special podcast series, we have partnered with top well-being experts to help coach five members of our Live Happy team on how to make better choices and build habits that lead to more fulfilling lives. Through this series, we'll tackle topics like improving communication with others, managing negative thinking, overcoming chronic insomnia, setting life goals and learning to unplug from work.
Karen Cassiday is the president of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America as well as owner of the Anxiety Treatment Center of Greater Chicago—the first private clinic in the Chicago area to offer exposure-based treatment for anxiety disorders. Karen has multiple published articles in the area of anxiety disorders, and she is an internationally recognized expert on the treatment of anxiety and related disorders in children through adults.
In this episode, Live Happy magazine Science Editor Paula Felps talks with Karen about the causes and difficulties with worry and how to overcome it.
What you'll learn in this podcast:
- How the intolerance of uncertainty sets people up for worry
- What makes worry worse
- Why misperceiving worry can mask your true concerns
- A simple exercise to ease your anxiety
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Download a free sketch note of this episode
- Find out more about the 90 Days to a Happier You project
- Read about Kim Baker and her journey to less worry
- Find out more about the Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Download Self-help for Anxiety Management in the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Thank you to our partner—AARP Life Reimagined!
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for joining us this week on Live Happy Now. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Live Happy Now on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are important in helping others find the podcast; we greatly appreciate it! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Karen Cassiday for joining us this week.
- 3 Expert-Tested Tips for Tackling Anxiety
- Top 10 Natural Remedies to Calm Your Anxiety
- 5 Out-of-the-Box Ways to Reduce Stress