Great ideas for things to do, read, watch and contemplate in your daily travels.
Whether you are leaving on a jet plane or off to a weekend getaway, taking regular trips can be beneficial for your mental and physical well-being. Here is a list of our ideas for you to do, read, watch, and contemplate in your daily travels.
1. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” —Lao Tzu
2. Read An Inland Voyage by Robert Louis Stevenson.
3. “Life is a journey. When we stop, things don’t go right.” —Pope Francis
4. Listen to “Walking in Memphis” by Marc Cohn.
5. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” —Ernest Hemingway
6. Go to a music festival.
7. Watch Into the Wild.
8. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” —Buddha
9. Read A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.
10. Watch The Endless Summer.
11. Travel with a purpose.
12. Take a weekend trip.
13. Make a slideshow from previous vacations.
14. Learn a new language.
15. Go camping and unplug.
16. Listen to “California Dreamin’” by The Mamas and the Papas.
17. Listen to “Roam” by the B-52s.
18. Watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
19. Book a train ride.
20. Host an international dinner party.
21. Watch Rick Steve’s Europe on PBS.
22. Read A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain.
23. Pretend to be a tourist in your hometown.
24. Spend time with your family planning a vacation.
25. Read The A to Zen of Travel by Sarah Tucker.
26. Listen to “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode.
27. Read Pass the Butterworms: Remote Journeys Oddly Rendered by Tim Cahill.
28. Witness the beauty of America on two wheels.
29. Listen to Iggy Pop’s “The Passenger.”
30. Visit a national monument or a state park.
31. “I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” —Rosalia de Castro
32. Read On the Road by Jack Kerouac.
33. Watch Roman Holiday.
Need more inspiration? How about 33 Ideas for Living a More Courageous Life.
What are some of your favorite places to go? How do you like to spend your time when you travel? Let us know in the Comments section, below.