What to read, do, watch and listen to for a totally awesome season.
While the weather is warm and the days are long, spend your free time having fun with the people you love!
1. “I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade…and try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” —Ron White
2. Host a star-spangled soirée.
3. Listen to “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” by The Beach Boys.
4. Enjoy a homemade ice cream social.
5. Create your perfect pool party playlist.
6. Read A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway.
The most essential part of my day is a proper dinner.” —Rachael Ray
8. “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.” —Albert Camus
9. Listen to “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars.
10. Go “glamping” in style.
11. Turn your backyard into a movie theater.
12. Listen to “Saturday Night” by the Bay City Rollers.
13. “You have to live life to its full chorizo.” —Mario Batali
14. Have a “make your own pizza” party.
15. Let it all loose on Labor Day.
For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance.” —Mignon McLaughlin
17. Listen to “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper.
18. Read Sage Living: Decorate for the Life You Want by Anne Sage.
19. Make it a great day for croquet.
20. Attend a progressive dinner party.
21. “Life itself is the proper binge.” —Julia Child
22. Go berry picking.
23. Read The Art of Mingling by Jeanne Martinet.
24. “It is not length of life, but depth of life.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. Plan a road trip to the nearest national park.
26. Read One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson.
27. Catch and release butterflies or lightning bugs.
28. Listen to “Man on Fire” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
29. Backyard BBQ!
30. “Grilling takes the formality out of entertaining. Everyone wants to get involved.” —Bobby Flay
31. Read The Butler Speaks by Charles MacPherson.
32. Listen to “Times Like These” by the Foo Fighters.
33. Play in the sprinklers.