Dallas, Texas – June 30, 2015 – Finding a “happy place” might not be at the top of everyone’s priority list this summer, but perhaps it should be. The July/August issue of Live Happy highlights the importance of living in the now while striving to expand our consciousness and happiness. Singer/songwriter Alanis Morissette graces the cover with modern-day flower child flair and shares her unique perspective on living in the moment.
Live Happy, a first-of-its-kind publication combining the science of happiness with practical advice from positive psychology experts to help readers lead happy and productive lives, dedicated the July/August issue to the quest for mindfulness and to truly appreciate the moment, whether exploring a land far away or simply feeling the breeze on our skin. Our minds are focused on something other than what we’re doing roughly 47 percent of the time, so taking a moment to think about the present can improve relationships and enhance our experiences. Yet mindfulness isn’t a one-size-fits-all formula, it’s about finding what works and putting it into practice.
Alanis credits her mindfulness and sense of stillness to her trip to India, weaving the serenity and reminders to live in the moment into her many projects. She’s finishing a self-help book documenting her experiences, will make another record and with the 20th anniversary re-release of Jagged Little Pill in September, she’s also looking to turn the album into a musical.
“Summer vacation is here and we’re all more than ready to enjoy simple moments of joy and pleasure. In this issue we explore the ways that families, couples and individuals can find respite through maximizing down time, disconnecting and taking time to reflect,” says Deborah K. Heisz, Live Happy’s co-founder, COO and editorial director. “It’s that time together, and being present, that matters.”
Along with regular columns on self, work, health, mindset and home, the July/August issue also features articles from celebrities and experts to help readers discover their happy place and reconnect to the world around them:
- “WORLD OF WONDER” – Travel around the world with CNN’s Bill Weir as he shares his favorite stories and lessons from his trips to India, Venice and the Galapagos Islands for his popular show The Wonder List. He shares six tips on traveling meaningfully, whatever your destination.
- “STILL ROCKING” – Singer and songwriter Kate Pierson of the B-52s gives us all a place to roam to—a group of cabins in the Catskill Mountains that she redecorated and opened as her own hotel, featuring rooms straight out of a music video.
- “SIMPLER TIMES” – Sometimes, getting away is about returning to the places full of happy memories. For actress Monica Potter (Parenthood), it’s about purchasing her childhood home to help relive the memories of growing up and to pay tribute to all that her parents had done for her and opening a store that reinforces her family values.
- “THE MINDFUL HEART” – Part of relaxing and disconnecting is having a partner to share it with. Author, licensed psychotherapist, relationship expert and newly appointed Live Happy Editor at Large, Stacy Kaiser shares nine tips for deepening relationships.
- “GIVE IT A MINUTE” – Margaret H. Greenberg and Senia Maymin, Ph.D., executive coaches and authors, show how just a couple minutes of meditating every day can help improve focus and lower stress. They present five easy ways to incorporate meditation into any routine.
This issue also provides must-see stops along the famous Route 66 and the benefits of traveling as a family. In addition to five profiles on finding joy and meaning, readers share how they choose to live in the moment.
Coinciding with this issue, Live Happy is launching a new weekly audio series, Live Happy Now, to inspire listeners with positive psychology through relatable stories and powerful insights on topics including “Ways to Energize Work and Life” and “The Six Paradigms of Happiness.” Live Happy Now is free to all listeners. For those looking for happiness on the go, weekly Live Happy podcasts are available for purchase and download in the iTunes store.
Live Happy is available on newsstands at major retailers throughout the U.S. including Barnes & Noble, Whole Foods and Hudson News, and in Canada at Presse Commerce newsstands, among others. Live Happy’s digital edition is available from the App Store and on Google Play, and current subscribers receive complimentary access on their tablet devices. Separate digital subscriptions are available for $9.99 at www.livehappy.com.
# # #
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives.