Dallas, Texas – September 1, 2015 – Live Happy’s September/October issue, on newsstands today, highlights the importance of prioritizing positivity and finding purpose and meaning in everyday activities. Emmy-nominated actor Anthony Anderson—featured on the cover—gives us a glimpse of where his inner strength, character and resilience come from and shares the latest on how he manages multiple work projects, family life and a rigorous fitness routine while keeping it all real—and fun.
Live Happy, a first-of-its-kind publication combining the science of happiness with practical advice from positive psychology experts to help readers lead happy and productive lives, dedicates the September/October 2015 issue to the pursuit for greater meaning and purpose in life and the power of positive education. Research featured in the issue shows that people who focus on activities that are designed to increase their well-being are more satisfied than those who purely focus on happiness as an outcome. For the back-to-school season, the issue also highlights surprising, new solutions to bullying that give all children—not just the bullies—new life skills to prevent confrontations before they occur.
“In this issue we explore how to take steps daily to create lives of meaning and joy,” says Deborah K. Heisz, Live Happy’s co-founder, COO and editorial director. “Surrounding yourself with like-minded people and making adjustments to build toward a goal can make all the difference in the direction your life can take you.”
The September/October issue features articles from experts and celebrities to help readers discover the wisdom they need to find joy every day:
- “A Joyful Juggling Act” – Discover how Anthony Anderson’s determination and talent landed him an Emmy nomination for his starring role in the hit TV series black-ish. A combination of his “tough love” upbringing, appreciation for the little things and learned resilience has helped him remain humble while he successfully handles numerous projects, family, fitness and fun.
- “THE END OF BULLYING?” – Reporting on new research that shows promising improvements and opportunities to change the lives of bullies, too, Live Happy is helping to foster a more positive, encouraging and affirming growth environment for all. Learn from prominent positive psychologists around the world who are dedicated to finding a sustainable solution for future generations.
- “THE PATH TO PURPOSE” – Research shows that the more you see meaning in the work you do, the more fulfilled and happy you will be. Find out how to reinvent yourself, stay true to your values and be honest with who you are and how it can help you make a difference in your life, with others and the world.
- “DOES YOUR MOOD NEED A MAKEOVER?” – Learn how to transform negative emotions, situations or feelings into positive ones through an emotional makeover. Licensed psychotherapist, relationship expert, author and Live Happy Editor at Large Stacy Kaiser shares seven steps to have a better day.
- “CHOOSING THE LIGHT" – Grammy-award winner Jason Mraz is a great believer in the power of saying “yes” and greeting life’s opportunities with enthusiasm. The singer-songwriter opens up about performing, his love for farming and what may be the next step in his career.
- “THREADS OF HAPPINESS” – Everyone’s favorite on-screen teenage witch, Melissa Joan Hart, is now expressing her passion with King of Harts, a made-in-America children’s clothing line co-designed with her husband. Melissa reveals what inspired her family business and how she continues to follow her passions, both on- and off-screen.
This issue also provides an inside look at George Mason University’s innovative approach of incorporating well-being into higher education curriculum and culture. In addition, find out how to survive a micromanager at work and learn how our pets are powerful parts of our support systems at home.
Coinciding with this issue, the Live Happy Now podcast has launched on iTunes. This weekly audio series brings you scientifically proven tips and ideas to live a happier and more meaningful life through interviews with positive psychology and well-being thought leaders including Deepak Chopra, Tom Rath, Jonathan Haidt, Shawn Achor, Michelle Gielan, Christine Carter, Tory Johnson and many others. Upcoming topics include “Self-Compassion” and “Happiness: Getting the Fundamentals Right.” Live Happy Now is free to all listeners to download from the iTunes store.
Live Happy is available on newsstands at major retailers throughout the U.S. including Barnes & Noble, Whole Foods and Hudson News, and in Canada at Presse Commerce newsstands, among others. Live Happy’s digital edition is available from the App Store and on Google Play, and current subscribers receive complimentary access on their tablet devices. Separate digital subscriptions are available for $9.99 at www.livehappy.com.
# # #
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives.