Sav Buist and Katie Larson were shy high school students when a music education presentation brought them together — and changed their future. Ten years later, they front a trio called The Accidentals and have earned glowing album reviews while packing venues with their live shows. But because they’ve never forgotten how that high school presentation changed their lives, they also host and lead workshops across the country to inspire young musicians to find their voice and use music to improve their mental health. In this episode, they talk about how it all came together and how they are changing young lives one song at a time.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of music education.
- How music helps us process what’s hard to express.
- Why it’s so important to give back to others and help them follow their dreams.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @theaccidentals
- Instagram: @theaccidentalsmusic
- Twitter: @moreaccidentals
- YouTube: @moreaccidentals
- TikTok: @theaccidentalsmusic
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5JqJWTzD2wSWAp7UmFSP5x
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.