We know that listening to music can help heal our hearts, but what can it do for the songwriter? In this episode, host Paula Felps talks with Morgan James, a singer and songwriter who has appeared on Broadway stages and with symphony orchestras in addition to writing and recording her own music. While working on her latest album, she and Doug Wamble — her husband and cowriter —were grappling with the devastating illnesses of dear friends. Morgan explains how they put the tangled emotions of uncertainty, grief and loss into a song called I’ll Be Holding On, which also has become the album’s video centerpiece.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How songwriting helps her process difficult emotions.
- Why it was so important to write about the grief she was experiencing.
- How performing songs helps her work through challenging situations.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @MorganJamesOnline
- Instagram: @morganajames
- YouTube: @morganjamesonline
- Watch “I’ll Be Holding On” here.
- Listen to Morgan’s album Nobody’s Fool here.
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.