October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that made it the perfect time to sit down with Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer, best known as the Grammy-winning duo Cathy & Marcy. They have been entertaining audiences for more than 40 years, and when Marcy received a breast cancer diagnosis, they faced it the same way they have faced all of life’s challenges — side by side, with music and humor. The result is the comedic musical All Wigged Out, which has been made into a film and details Marcy’s journey with breast cancer. They sat down with host Paula Felps to talk about how they transformed this health challenge into a musical story of hope and healing to share with the world.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How they used music to process Marcy’s diagnosis.
- Why celebrating even small milestones was important to their journey.
- How they turned the experience into a humorous healing story.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @cathyandmarcy
- Twitter: @CathyandMarcy
- Instagram: @singtoyourbaby
- YouTube: CommunityMusic
- Spotify: Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer
Support breast cancer awareness with the Live Happy Breast Cancer Smiling Moptop Pen.