Music is one of the most powerful — and accessible — tools we have for improving our mental health. On this episode of On a Positive Note, host Paula Felps is joined by acclaimed music therapist Jennifer Buchanan, author of Wellness, Wellplayed: The Power of a Playlist, to talk about the many ways music can be used as a tool for healing and growth.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why music and mental health go hand in hand.
- How to make a purposeful playlist.
- What an “anchor song” is and how it can help change your mental state.
Links and Resources
- Twitter: @musictherapy
- Website: jenniferbuchanan.ca
- Learn how to make a Purposeful Playlist: https://www.jenniferbuchanan.ca/3-steps-to-creating-a-purposeful-playlist-for-2022/