As director of the Resilience and Positive Psychology Training program at the Psychology Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Karen Reivich specializes in what makes us bounce back from adversity. Join us as she shares the attributes that help us create more resilience in our lives—and how we can teach our children to become more resilient, too.
What you'll learn in this episode:
- Why some of us are naturally more resilient than others
- How to start teaching resiliency skills to children
- The role of optimism in resilience
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Purchase her book The Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to Finding Your Inner Strengths and Overcoming Life's Hurdles.
- Follow Karen on Twitter.
- Karen's course, "Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills" is offered online. To enroll in the Foundation of Positive Psychology Specialization, visit https://www.coursera.org/specializations/positivepsychology#courses.