“Do not run after happiness, but seek to do good, and you will find that happiness will run after you.” — James Freeman Clarke
2. Read 365 Ways to Live Generously By Sharon Lipinski.
3. Watch Same Kind of Different As Me.
4. Listen to the Live Happy Now podcast “EPISODE 53: BIRJU PANDYA ON GIVING BACK.”
5. Fill the red kettle.
6. Give blood and register as an organ donor.
“I believe...that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.” —Thomas Jefferson
8. Read Altruism: The Power of Compassion to Change Yourself and the World by Matthieu Ricard.
9. Watch Wonder.
10. Listen to “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers.
11. Donate your gently used items.
“There is a sort of gratification in doing good which makes us rejoice in ourselves.” —Michel De Montaigne
14. Read The Power of Half: One Family’s Decision to Stop Taking amd Start Giving Back by Hannah Salwen.
15. Watch A Christmas Carol.
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do good, too, then doing well will never be enough.” —Anna Quindlen
17. Give back the gift of song. Go caroling!
18. Buy gifts from B Corps this holiday season.
19. Become a foster parent to rescued dogs or cats.
21. Give a gift subscription of Live Happy to someone you love.
22. Be part of the solution on #GivingTuesday (November 28).
23. Read The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life by Piero Ferrucci.
24. Listen to “Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth)” by George Harrison.
25. Leave 10 $1 bills in random spots in the dollar store for a lucky shopper to find.
26. Help clean up your town.
27. Volunteer at your local library or public elementary school.
28. Bake holiday cookies for your neighbors.
“Human service is the highest form of self interest.” —Elbert Hubbard
30. Read Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie.
31. Bring Thanksgiving to your workplace.
32. Read Radical Generosity: Unlock the Transformative Power of Giving by M.J. Ryan.
“The greatest pleasure I know, is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident.” —Charles Lamb