Our list of things to watch, listen to and think about when pondering what makes a great leader.
1. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” —John Quincy Adams
2. Read The 5 Levels of Leadership by John C. Maxwell.
3. Watch Lincoln.
4. Become a Big Brother or Big Sister (bbbs.org).
5. Watch Lean On Me.
6. Read The Virgin Way: Everything I Know About Leadership by Richard Branson.
7. Watch The Iron Lady.
8. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” —Steve Jobs
9. Start a Jim Rohn Leadership Journal.
10. Download the Mind Tools app.
11. Watch Saving Private Ryan.
12. Read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey.
13. Volunteer as a mentor in your area of professional expertise.
14. Listen to “Centerfield” by John Fogerty.
15. Read The Last Lion by William Manchester.
16. Watch Coach Carter.
17. “The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is very easy to say yes.” —Tony Blair
18. Follow your favorite entrepreneurs on LinkedIn.
19. Listen to “Gonna Fly Now (Theme to ‘Rocky’)” by Bill Conti every morning.
20. Read Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg.
21. Watch Remember the Titans.
22. “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” —C.S. Lewis
23. Participate in a project to improve your community.
24. Listen to “On Top of the World” by Imagine Dragons.
25. Read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
26. Watch Drew Dudley’s “Everyday Leadership” TED Talk.
27. “You cannot be anything you want to be—but you can be a whole lot more of who you already are.” —Tom Rath
28. Set regular self-improvement goals.
29. “The speed of the leader determines the speed of the gang.” – Mary Kay Ash
30. Read Drive by Daniel Pink.
31. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” —Warren Bennis
32. Watch Simon Sinek’s “How Great Leaders Inspire Action” TED Talk.
33. Check out the next issue of Live Happy for 33 Ideas for Happy Travels.
Let us know your ideas of what makes a strong leader by leaving a comment, below!