Learn what you can read, do and listen to in order to calm your mind and live in the present moment.
Being mindful helps us to stay in the present moment and to appreciate the world around us. Here are 33 ideas to help you calm your mind.
1. Read Be Here Now by Ram Dass.
2. “In the end, just three things matter: How well we have lived; how well we have loved; how well we have learned to let go.” —Jack Kornfield
3. Watch Peaceful Warrior.
4. Download Headspace.
5. Listen to “Across the Universe” by The Beatles.
6. Read Hardwiring Happiness by Rick Hanson, Ph.D.
7. “Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” —Mother Teresa
8. Watch I Heart Huckabees.
9. Get more Metta.
10. Listen to “Thank U” by Alanis Morissette.
11. Read Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
12. "The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival." —Aristotle
13. Watch The Mindfulness Movie.
14. Take a walk without your phone.
15. Listen to “No Rain” by Blind Melon.
The Mindfulness Coloring Book: Anti-Stress Art Therapy for Busy People by Emma Farrarons.
18. Listen to “Just Breathe” by Pearl Jam.
19. Read The Mindfulness Revolution edited by Barry Boyce.
20. “Self-awareness is not just relaxation and not just meditation. It must combine relaxation with activity and dynamism. Technology can aid that.” —Deepak Chopra
21. Watch Room to Breathe.
22. Be present.
23. Listen to “Realize” by Colbie Caillat.
24. Listen to "Do You Realize" by The Flaming Lips.
25. Read The Now Effect by Elisha Goldstein, Ph.D.
26. “Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different.” —James Baraz
27. Watch The Dhamma Brothers.
28. Do nothing.
29. Listen to “Living in the Moment” by Jason Mraz.
30. “Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life.” —Thich Nhat Hanh
31. Watch The Wizard of Oz.
32. Watch Dying to Know.
33. Check out the September/October issue of Live Happy for 33 Ideas for finding purpose in life.