Be courageous. Be kind. Be well.
If our goal is to live the good life, then we need to have a happy mind, body and soul. Here are a few ideas to help you keep the well in your well-being.
1. “Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest.” —Christian Dior
2. Be kind to your heart.
3. Read Wellbeing: The Five Essential Elements by Tom Rath and Jim Harter, Ph.D.
4. Watch Happy.
5. Schedule a checkup.
6. Devote some time to appreciating those around you.
7. “Reaching beyond where you are is really important.” —Martin Seligman, Ph.D.
8. Listen to “Wonderful (The Way I Feel)” by My Morning Jacket.
9. Exercise 30 minutes a day, at least five days a week.
10. Donate a heifer.
11. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” —Peace Pilgrim
12. Read Pursuing the Good Life by Christopher Peterson.
13. Listen to “Living Well is the Best Revenge” by REM.
14. Stay hydrated.
15. Read The Blue Zones Solution by Dan Buettner.
16. Get more financially fit.
Read more: Are You Guilty of These 5 Unhealthy Spending Habits?
17. “The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.” —Deepak Chopra
18. Define your purpose.
19. Listen to “Do Whatcha Wanna” by the Rebirth Brass Band.
20. Read Walking by Henry David Thoreau.
21. “If you are happy, if you’re feeling good, then nothing else matters.” —Robin Wright
Read more: 10 Happy Tips to Boost Your Well-Being Today
22. Get quality sleep.
23. Listen to “These are the Days of Our Lives” by Queen.
24. Be good to yourself.
25. Find the good in others.
26. Listen to “Feeling Good” by Michael Buble.
27. “All that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy. Everything else is just sprinkles on the sundae.” —Paul Walker
28. Join a moai.
29. Read The Road to Character by David Brooks.
30. “Your body hears everything your mind says.” —Naomi Judd
31. Life is miraculous. Live it that way.
32. “Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.” —Joseph Addison
33. Check out the April print edition for 33 ideas on how to live happy.
Want more? Listen to our podcast, Live Happy Now: Valorie Burton explains How to Find Your Happiness Trigger.