What makes a college student happy? Great professors? A beautiful campus? A happening music scene?
For its newly released guide to the best colleges of 2015, The Princeton Review interviewed 130,000 students about everything from dorm food to campus life in order to determine which college has the happiest students. Small, liberal arts colleges tend to dominate the list, with Vanderbilt University, in Nashville, Tennessee at the head of the class.
1. Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
2. Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, CA
3. Clemson University, Clemson, SC
4. Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
5. Virginia Tech, Blackburg, VA
6. Rice University, Houston, TX
7. Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
8. Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
9. Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
10. Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, MI