Music has the power to change lives, and nowhere is that more evident than in the powerful SongwritingWith:Soldiers program. This unique program pairs members of the military with professional songwriters to craft songs about their experiences. Through their songs, they learn to release pain, tell their stories and build a strong bond with one another. Program co-founder Mary Judd and singer/songwriter Jay Clementi talk about the power of the program—and what it’s taught them.
What you'll learn in this episode:
- What happens at a SongwritingWith:Soldiers retreat.
- Why the tools of positive psychology are such an important part of the retreats.
- How the program is changing—and even saving—lives.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow SongwritingWith:Soldiers on Facebook and Twitter.
- Donate to this organization here.
- Listen to their inspiring songs here.