You’ve heard the phrase, “You’re not getting older, you’re getting better”—but how often do you believe that? After hearing Louise Aronson, M.D., you might realize that the old adage is true.
As a geriatrician, writer and professor of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, Louise gives us a completely new perspective on aging with her new book, Elderhood: Redefining Aging, Transforming Medicine, Reimagining Life. In it, she describes how we can not only change our attitudes toward aging in others, but begin to anticipate and reframe the final decades of our lives.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The importance of knowing what you want next in life.
- How to start planning for happier elderhood—at any stage in life.
- Why elderhood is the perfect time to discover new passions.
Links and Resources
- Elderhood: Redefining Aging, Transforming Medicine, Reimagining Life
- Twitter: @LouiseAronson
- Instagram: @louisearonsonsf