Have you ever wondered if you are having a midlife crisis or can’t figure out why you’re more worried or down than you were just a few years ago? Journalist Jonathan Rauch explains why that disheartened feeling in your 40s and 50s is not a crisis but instead a normal part of the aging process. His book, The Happiness Curve: Why Life Gets Better After 50, delivers hope for plenty of happiness in midlife and beyond. While we can’t always skip over the low points, Jonathan provides great tips and guidance to help fend off and triumph over those negative feelings.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- All other things equal, aging makes you happier, not sadder.
- A midlife downturn can be literally about nothing.
- The difference between intellect and wisdom, and why the latter makes you happier.
- Tips for coping with a midlife slump.
Links and resources:
- For more, go to Jonathan’s website at jonathanrauch.com
- Or, follow him on Twitter: @jon_rauch