Technology has changed our lives in many ways, but when holiday celebrations are spent with guests on their phones or tablets, it takes away much of the magic of the moment. This episode’s guest is Joe McCormack, who literally wrote the book on how to find focus and human interaction in the midst of technology’s interference. His book, Noise: Living and Leading When Nobody Can Focus, provides tips on surviving in today’s business world, but he sat down to talk with us about how to keep the holidays happier by preventing technology from intruding on our quality time.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to create a technology-free holiday gathering.
- The benefits of setting aside the noise of our technology for a few hours.
- Tips to get everyone to (gladly) participate in a tech-free celebration.
Links and Resources
- Download two free chapters from Noise: Living and Leading When Nobody Can Focus.
- Facebook: @brieflab
- Instagram: @the_brief_lab
- Twitter: @TheBriefLab