May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and throughout the month we’re taking on some of the tough topics around mental health. This week’s guest is Mattie Cummins, a counselor, brain coach, and CEO of Cerebrations, which provides counseling and coaching for people with anxiety, chronic pain, neurodiversity and other life transitions. Her mission is to empower people to tap into their own inner strength, beauty and experiences to calm their mental chaos, and she talks about some of the tools we can use to create more calm and joy in our lives.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What happens in your brain when you’re feeling anxiety and overwhelmed—and what to do about it.
- Why it’s important to acknowledge and talk about our trauma.
- How to start rewiring your brain and develop new habits to calm the chaos.
Links and Resources:
- Instagram: @mattiecumminsmsw
- Facebook: @calmingthechaoscollective
- Linkedin: Mattie Cummins
- Thriving in the Chaos Workshops (monthly on Facebook group)
- Thriving the Chaos Intention Groups: 4 week kickstarter programs to calm the mental chaos and create change, community and calm.