There’s a special day in February for us to celebrate love — and it isn’t Valentine’s Day. In honor of National Love Your Pet Day on February 20, host Paula Felps sits down with Brittany Derrenbacher, a clinical mental health counseling intern and founder of Luna Bell’s Moonbows, a special needs animal rescue. She’s here to talk about why pets are so good for our physical and mental well-being, and then tell us how we can learn to celebrate them every day — and enrich our lives in the process.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Four of the main benefits of having a pet.
- How pets can help people heal from trauma.
- How to add more joy to your pets’ lives.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @lunabellsmoonbows
- Instagram: @lunabells_moonbows
- Healing From Pet Loss With Brittany Derrenbacher
Follow along with the transcript by clicking here.