Laughter and humor feel good, but have you thought about how much good it can do? This week’s guest, Dr. Shepherd Siegel, is a musician turned educator whose recent research has centered around the idea of play, playfulness and humor as a driving force of change. His latest book, Tricking Power into Performing Acts of Love: How Tricksters through History have Changed the World, looks at the trickster archetype and the role it plays in social change. In this episode, he talks about the importance of finding fun and humor in our lives — and how to reclaim those habits as adults.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s important to explore fun and playfulness.
- The importance of discovering humor in dark times.
- How to get more humor and playfulness in your life.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: Disruptive Play & @bamalama5
- Twitter: @ShepherdSiegel
- Instagram: @bamalama5
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shepherd-siegel-phd-9b0b951/
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.