Can a doodle improve your mental health? If it’s drawn by Danny Casale, it just might! Under the moniker of Coolman Coffeedan, Danny is using his art to provide encouragement, make people laugh, and even explore the challenges of mental health. His work took off during the pandemic, and now he has millions of followers who rely on his adorable characters to uplift and inspire them. His new book UR Special: Advice for Humans from Coolman Coffeedan, tackles topics ranging from loneliness and anxiety to grief and self-confidence. And just like this conversation, his art will make you smile.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Danny turned doodling into a mental health movement.
- Why it’s important to him to address mental health issues openly.
- Why he thinks so many people are connecting with his drawings.
Links and Resources:
- Instagram: @coolman_coffeedan
- NFTs: https://coolmansuniverse.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClNHWmlNIgEXLotLtlY2mLw
- Facebook: @coolmancoffeedan
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0XtBL31mcVGCofyDn1ATq6
- Website: https://www.coolmancoffeedan.com/