Every day we’re surrounded by sights, sounds, and smells — but we often take them for granted. This week, host Paula Felps is joined by New York Times bestselling author Gretchen Rubin, to talk about how tuning into our five senses can make us happier and healthier. Her new book, Life in Five Senses: How exploring the senses got me out of my head and into the world, takes a deep dive into what each of our senses has to teach us and explains how we can explore them to improve our well-being.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How dialing into our senses can reduce anxiety, boost productivity, and spark creativity.
- The connection between our senses and memories.
- Using our senses to stay grounded and live in the present moment.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @GretchenRubin
- Twitter: @gretchenrubin
- Instagram: @gretchenrubin
- LinkedIn: @gretchenrubin
- Explore Gretchen’s other books.
- Discover your most neglected sense with this quiz.
- Win a FREE copy of Life in Five Senses! Just follow @livehappy on social media to find out how!
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.