May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and this episode’s guest has found a unique way to help clients process such difficult emotions and grief, anxiety, and depression. Dr. Sherry Walling is a clinical psychologist, best-selling author, and mental health advocate who began using movement — particularly the circus arts — to manage loss and grief in her own life. She soon discovered what an effective outlet it provided for releasing trapped emotions and began offering workshops to help others learn these same techniques.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How movement improves your mental health.
- How loss in her own life led Sherry to discover the circus arts.
- Why it’s important to make mental health a priority.
Links and Resources
- Instagram: @sherrywalling
- Twitter: @sherrywalling
- Enjoy a free chapter from Sherry’s book: https://www.touchingtwoworlds.com/free-chapter
- Watch Sherry’s TEDx Talk, Why a grieving psychologist joined the circus
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.