Now that we’ve turned back our clocks, it’s time for shorter days — and for many, that also means the onset of seasonal affective disorder, or SAD. This week, host Paula Felps sits down with world-renowned researcher and psychiatrist Norman Rosenthal, the doctor who was instrumental in identifying SAD and also pioneered light therapy as treatment. His new book, Defeating SAD: A Guide to Health and Happiness Through All Seasons, provides a roadmap for beating this disorder and in this episode, he explains how we can better prepare for the next few months.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Dr. Norm’s own experiences with seasonal affective disorder inspired him to research it.
- The role that light plays in seasonal affective disorder.
- Simple steps you can take to minimize the effects of SAD.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/normanrosenthal
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/doctornorman
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/normanrosenthal
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DoctorNorman
- Website: https://www.normanrosenthal.com
- Do you have SAD? Take Dr. Norm’s free quiz to find out!
- Download a free chapter of Defeating SAD: A Guide to Health and Happiness Through All Seasons book here. Password: defeatsad
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.