We’ve all heard that money can’t buy happiness, and new research is telling us why. This week, host Paula Felps talks with author and lecturer Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar, co-founder of The Happiness Studies Academy and creator of the Master’s Degree in Happiness Studies at Centenary University. Tal talks about recent findings that show how our perception of money is damaging our happiness — and what we can do about it.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why our perceptions of money have changed in a post-pandemic world.
- How social comparison can negatively affect our views on money.
- Why it’s so important to change our view of money for the sake of our well-being.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrTalBenShahar
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/happiness.studies.academy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TalBenShahar
- Website: https://www.happinessstudies.academy/
- Learn about the MA in Happiness Studies program: https://www.centenaryuniversity.edu/academics/graduate/master-of-arts-in-happiness-studies/
- Read the Bloomberg study on money: Are You Rich? Calculate the Best US Cities to Live in for Your Salary (bloomberg.com)
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.