We’ve become more comfortable with talking openly about mental health, but we’re still reluctant to talk about mental illness. This week’s guest knows first-hand the challenges of mental illness and why it’s so important to talk about it. Gabe Howard is an author, speaker, and host of the Inside Mental Health podcast. After being committed to a psychiatric hospital in 2003, Gabe was diagnosed with bipolar and anxiety disorders and today he uses his experience to help others navigate and understand that difficult path.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How mental illness affects everyone in the family.
- Why we must lose the shame surrounding mental illness.
- How to help those around us who are struggling with mental illness in their own family.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gabehowardspeaker
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gabehoward29/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gabehoward29
- Website: https://www.gabehoward.com/
- Check out Gabe’s book here.
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.