If you want to live a fulfilling life, it might be a good idea to get over yourself. When you strive to make a difference for the greater good, you can create a lifetime of happiness and joy.
1. Like every species on Earth, we are always seeking the ideal conditions that will allow us to live to our fullest potential.” —Thich Nhat Hahn
3. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
4. Write that novel you keep talking about.
6. Listen to “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield.
7. The living self has one purpose only: to come into its own fullness of being, as a tree comes into full blossom, or a bird into spring beauty, or a tiger into luster.” —D.H. Lawrence
10. Mentor a young person.
11. Listen to “
” by Imagine Dragons.
12. Join your local Rotary Club.
14. One should not search for an abstract meaning of life. Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment.” —Victor Frankl
15. Take up a team sport.
17. Listen to “Break Free” by Ariana Grande.
18. Listen to “The Riddle” by Five for Fighting.
20. Life lived only for oneself does not truly satisfy men or women. There is a hunger in Americans today for larger purposes beyond the self.” —Betty Friedan
22. Explore your artistic side.
This Is Us on NBC.
24. Discover a worthwhile hobby.
26. Even more than giving is the capacity for us to do something smarter for the greater good that lifts us both up.”
Hidden Figures. VIDEO
29. Lead by example.
31. Create Blessings Bags filled with necessary items for the homeless.
32. Set a goal for yourself...and achieve it.
33. But when we focus on others, our world expands. Our own problems drift to the periphery of the mind and so seem smaller, and we increase our capacity for connection—or compassionate action.” —Daniel Goleman