Pick and choose your favorite ideas from our list of things to do, watch, read, contemplate…and share!
1. “There is a fountain of youth: It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” —Sophia Loren
2. Attend an art party.
3. Listen to “Giant Steps” by John Coltrane.
4. Read Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
5. Watch The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross.
6. “Every child is an artist; the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.” —Pablo Picasso
7. Write a haiku.
8. Listen to Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon album.
9. Read Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon.
10. Watch Fantasia.
11. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try.” —Dr. Seuss
12. Start a new hobby—something that is totally different for you.
13. Listen to Tori Amos’ Unrepentant Geraldines album.
14. Read Creativity: The Psychology of Discovery and Invention by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
15. Watch Big Fish.
16. “The idea is not to live forever; it is to create something that will.” —Andy Warhol
17. Build a treehouse with your family.
18. Listen to the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album.
19. Read The Accidental Creative: How to Be Brilliant at a Moment's Notice by Todd Henry.
20. Watch The LEGO Movie.
21. “Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity, because if you're passionate about something, then you're more willing to take risks.” —Yo-Yo Ma
22. Write a family song.
23. Make a family cookbook.
25. Watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
26. “This world is but a canvas to our imagination.” —Henry David Thoreau.
27. Have a campout in your living room.
28. Read Imagine: How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehrer.
29. Watch Creative Galaxy.
30. Paint a self-portrait.
What sparks your creativity? Let us know, below, or on our Facebook page.