Our Year of Happiness continues
1. “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” —Maya Angelou
3. Listen to “Kind & Generous,” by Natalie Merchant.
4. Read The Giving Book: Open the Door to a Lifetime of Giving by Ellen Sabin.
5. Watch Bill and Melinda Gates’ TED Talk: "Why giving away our wealth has been the most satisfying thing we've done.”
6. “It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”―Mother Teresa
7. Give a compliment. It’s free.
8. Listen to Josh Groban’s “You Raise Me Up.”
9. Read Taylor's Gift: A Courageous Story of Giving Life and Renewing Hope, by Todd and Tara Storch.
10. Read or watch Charlotte’s Web.
12. Tell a joke: Give the gift of laughter.
13. Listen to “Give to Live,” by Sammy Hagar
14. Read I Like Giving: The Transforming Power of a Generous Life, by Brad Formsma.
15. Give a huge hug to your dad.
16. “When you're nice to people, they want to be nice back to you.” —Jack Canfield
17. Watch It Could Happen to You.
18. Watch Up.
19. Read Same Kind of Different As Me, by Ron Hall, Denver Moore and Lynn Vincent.
20. "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." —Mohammed Ali
21. Put an extra dollar in the tip jar.
22. Listen to “The Secret of Giving,” by Reba McEntire.
23. Give $20 to your favorite charity—or find a new worthy cause.
24. “Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.” —Rev. Jesse Jackson
25. Take food to a friend who is sick or feeling down.
26. Listen to “Gift” by O.A.R.
27. Call your grandma!
28. Read The Giver, by Lois Lowry.
29. Watch As Good as It Gets.
30. Adopt a rescue dog.