The Happiness Movement
The Happiness Movement is about discovering your own authentic happiness, and sharing it with family, friends and your community. Happiness is contagious, and our goal is to create a world with more compassion, less strife and a greater sense of purpose and meaning. You can claim responsibility for your own happiness and become a catalyst of happiness in others’ lives.
Collectively, our commitment to long-lasting happiness has the potential to change the world, one person at a time. True joy comes from spreading happiness to those around you. And like a pebble thrown into a pond, it only takes one person to create a ripple of happiness.
Here are some ways you can help foster happiness:
- Smile more often
- Give others the benefit of the doubt
- Cultivate gratitude by focusing on the wonderful people and things in your life
- Keep a gratitude journal (it’s scientifically proven to increase wellbeing!)
- When you read a great article or book about happiness, pass it to friends
- Be generous with your money, your time or whatever you can spare
- Write someone an appreciative email
- Exercise and get outside more—taking care of your physical wellbeing is important!
- Make plans to spend time with people you like
- Seek out service projects, volunteer opportunities or aspects of your faith that add a sense of meaning and purpose to your life