How do you encourage children to thrive when their lives are filled with stress and trauma? As executive director of the Momentous Institute in Dallas, Michelle Kinder carries on a century-old mission to help children overcome trauma and toxic stress to learn how to live happy, healthy lives. She explains how methods practiced at Momentous are changing the lives of the entire family.
What you'll learn in this episode:
- What social emotional health is—and how to help children achieve it.
- How trauma and adverse childhood experiences affect development.
- What we all can do to help children overcome barriers to positive mental health.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Michelle on Twitter.
- Learn more about Momentous Institute on their website and blog.
- Download free lesson plans for Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle School.
- Momentous Institute’s seventh annual Changing the Odds Conference will be held September 27-28, 2018 at Omni Dallas Hotel. The 2018 theme is Belonging: Because Together We Are Better.