Patty Van Cappellen is the Director of the Interdisciplinary Behavioral Research Center at Duke University. Patty earned her Ph.D. in Social Psychology in 2012 and then a Master in Biblical Studies in 2014 from the Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium. Dr. Van Cappellen is currently Associate Editor of the peer-reviewed journal “Archive for the Psychology of Religion”. She is the recipient of a 3-year grant (2017-2020) from the John Templeton Foundation to investigate: “The embodiment of worship: Relations among postural, psychological, and physiological aspects of religious practice.”
What you'll learn in this episode:
- How religion or spirituality can promote a happier life.
- What could trigger the search for meaning, religion, or spirituality.
- How some positive emotions, called self-transcendent, can change your outlook on life.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Check out Dr. Van Cappellen's website here.
- Download the sketch note for this podcast.