Make your house radiate with love and joy.
1. Recycle, repurpose and reuse.
2. Home is the place where, when you go there, they have to take you in."—Robert Frost
4. Listen to "Our House" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
5. Open your home to a new furry friend.
6. Read House by Tracy Kidder.
7. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
9. Make sure your home represents your personality.
10. Open the windows and doors on a warm, sunny day to let in the fresh air.
11. Read Healing Spaces: The Science of Place and Well-Being by Esther Sternberg.
12. There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." —Jane Austen
13. Listen to "My House" by Flo Rida.
14. Watch old and new episodes of This Old House.
15. Nurture a bonsai tree or orchid in a peaceful corner.
16. Plant a garden.
17. Watch HGTV's Fixer Upper.
19. Make your bed every morning. (It gets your whole day off to a better start.)
20. Listen to "House of Gold" by 21 Pilots.
21. Watch the movie Life as a House.
22. Have a garage sale!
23. Read Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui by Karen Kingston.
24. A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body." —Benjamin Franklin
26. Rearrange the furniture.
27. Listen to "Home" by Phillip Phillips.
28. Switch out colorful carpet for natural-looking rugs or wood floors. (It reminds us of our savannah roots.)
Form follows function—that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual untion." —Frank Lloyd Wright
30. Listen to "Homeward Bound" by Simon & Garfunkel.
31. Listen to "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" by The Beatles.
32. Create a reading nook.
33. Where thou art, that is home." —Emily Dickinson