Michele Gravelle - Improving Communication with Others
In this special podcast series we have partnered with top well-being experts to help coach five members of our Live Happy team on how to make better choices and build habits that lead more fulfilling lives. Through this series we tackle topics like improving communication with others, managing negative thinking, overcoming chronic insomnia, setting life goals and learning to unplug from work.
Michele Gravelle is a consultant with Triad Consulting where she works with the authors of the bestselling books: Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most, and Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well. Michele also facilitates executive education programs at the Harvard Negotiation Institute and Duke Corporate Education.
In this episode Live Happy magazine Science Editor Paula Felps talks with Michele about the obstacles to effective communication and how to improve your communication with others.
What you'll learn in this podcast:
- The importance of personal responsibility in communications
- The power of inquiry and empathy
- How to present your message in a way that the other person will listen to you
- How to create trust in a conversation so that everyone involved feels heard
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Download a free sketch note of this episode
- Read 6 Steps to Healthier, More Productive Conversations
- Learn more about the 90 Days to a Happier You project
- Read more about Susan Kane who was featured in this episode
- Purchase a copy of Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most
- Purchase Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well
- Thank you to our partner - AARP Life Reimagined!
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for joining us this week on Live Happy Now. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Live Happy Now Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and helps others to find the podcast; we greatly appreciate it! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Michele Gravelle, for joining us this week.