Lea Waters, Ph.D., is more than just the current president of the International Positive Psychology Association; she’s also a researcher and expert on character strengths—and the mother of two. Her latest book, The Strength Switch: How the New Science of Strength-Based Parenting Can Help Your Child and Your Teen to Flourish showed parents how focusing on children’s strengths instead of trying to correct their weaknesses can yield extraordinary results.
Now, Lea has created an online course based on The Strength Switch to give families the tools they need to put her findings into practice. In this episode of Live Happy Now, Live Happy CEO Deborah Heisz talks to Lea about how (and why) strengths-based parenting can benefit every family.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How focusing on your child’s strengths can unlock their full potential
- Why it’s important for families to work on this together
- How your family can benefit from this online course
Also in this week’s episode, Mike Pepperman of LG Electronics explains the company’s Experience Happiness initiative, which is bringing the principles of sustainable happiness to schools.
Links and Resources
- Listen to our Live Happy Now interview with her on The Strength Switch book.
- Visit her website.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: @ProfLeaWaters