Take risks, try something new, add more excitement to your life.
You don't need to be a boulder-dodging, globe-trotting archaeologist to add more excitement to your life. Check out this list of ideas to spark your inner Indiana Jones and make every day an adventure.
1. Adventure is not something you must travel to find…it's something you take with you. —Diane Ackerman
3. Listen to "I've Been Everywhere" by Johnny Cash.
4. Try an escape room adventure with friends.
5. Make good use of that GoPro camera you got last Christmas!
6. Watch The Goonies.
7. Read Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer.
8. Nothing behind me, everything in front of me, as is ever so on the road. —Jack Kerouac
10. Listen to "(Get Your Kicks on) Route 66."
11. Watch Romancing the Stone.
12. Join Outward Bound.
13. Read Adventures for Your Soul by Shannon Kaiser.
14. You cannot create experience. You must undergo it. —Albert Camus
15. Explore a national park.
17. Discovery is the ability to be puzzled by simple things. —Noam Chomsky
18. Watch Dances With Wolves.
19. Take the whole family on a weekend bike ride.
20. Climb the nearest mountain.
21. Read Find a Way by Diana Nyad.
22. Create a bucket list and start crossing things off.
24. Take a flying trapeze class.
25. Listen to Graceland by Paul Simon.
26. Sign up for The Amazing Race.
27. Discovering our own path is an essential part of the transformative process. —Stuart Brown
30. Watch Time Bandits.
31. Take a Segway tour of the nearest big city.
32. Listen to "Life Is a Highway" by Tom Cochrane.
33. Update your passport. You're going to need it.
Read more: Mud Runs and 6 Other Ways to Conquer Your Fears
Read more: 33 Ideas for Happy Travels