Things for you to watch, listen to, read and do that will stimulate courage in your own life.
Courage is one of the greatest virtues that we all possess. Facing our fears in the presence of danger and adversity can give us the strength to persevere in any situation and boost our confidence and well-being. Be brave and leave no place for regret. Here are a few ideas about courage to inspire you to live your core values.
1. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
2. Read The Story of Ruby Bridges by Robert Coles.
3. Listen to “I Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.
4. Watch 42 – The Jackie Robinson Story.
5. Break the cycle.
6. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
7. Read The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
8. Listen to “Let Your Light Shine” by The Relatives.
9. Watch Milk.
10. Stand up for what is right.
11. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
12. Read Bound for the Promised Land: Harriet Tubman: Portrait of an American Hero by Kate Clifford Larson.
13. Listen to “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift.
14. Watch The King’s Speech.
15. If you need help, talk to someone.
16. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”— J.K. Rowling
17. Read The Wildest Brother by Cornelia Funke.
18. Listen to “Bridge Over Troubled Water” by Simon and Garfunkel.
19. Watch Courage Under Fire.
20. Be an anchor for someone.
21. “Courage is being scared to death…and saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
22. Speak up.
23. Listen to “Redemption Song” by Bob Marley.
24. Watch Braveheart.
25. Tell someone you love them.
26. “It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
27. Read I am Albert Einstein (Ordinary People Change the World) by Brad Meltzer.
28. “I don’t want to be remembered as the girl who was shot. I want to be remembered as the girl who stood up.”—Malala Yousafzai
29. Watch Life is Beautiful.
30. Help a wounded warrior.
31. Listen to “Hero” by Mariah Carey.
32. Forgive someone.
33. In June, come back to livehappy.com for 33 ideas on leadership.