Kristin Neff, Ph.D., is a pioneer in the field of self-compassion as well as associate professor of human development and culture at the University of Texas at Austin. Her groundbreaking insights on how to nurture self-compassion, along with research into the role self-compassion plays in our overall well-being, has led to academic courses on the topic as well as online courses, audio programs and books.
Her latest project, The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook, walks readers through a step-by-step process to help build a greater sense of self-compassion.
What you'll learn in this episode:
- Why you need to stop beating yourself up (and how to do it)
- The role of self-compassion in happiness
- Why self-compassion is a better motivator than self-criticism
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Kristin on Facebook.
- Purchase her book The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook.
- Download Kristin's self-compassion exercises for free here.