There’s so much talk today about mindfulness that it sometimes seems the word has lost its meaning. This week, Dr. Shauna Shapiro, a clinical psychologist and internationally recognized expert in mindfulness and self-compassion, explains what is missing from many mindfulness practices. Her new book, Good Morning, I Love You, combines brain science with easy-to-implement practices that will help you get more calm, clarity and joy in your life. Listen now to find out how you can change your brain with these simple practices.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why self-compassion is the “secret sauce” of mindfulness practices.
- The one simple practice you can do every morning to increase self-compassion.
- How your self-compassion and mindfulness can help heal those around you.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @DrShaunaShapiro
- Website: Drshaunashapiro.com
- Listen to Shauna’s TED Talk The Power of Mindfulness: What You Practice Grows Stronger