We’ve heard a lot about the power of saying thank you, but what happens when a simple thank you turns into a heartfelt letter? Nancy Davis Kho was at a reflective point in her life when she decided to write one thank-you letter every week for a whole year. In her new book, The Thank-You Project: Cultivating Happiness One Letter of Gratitude at a Time, she explains why she wanted to embark on this project and what kind of effect it had on her—and those she wrote to.
We knew we had to talk about it on the show. And what better time to talk about it than right before Thanksgiving?
Nancy is a freelance writer, podcast host and author of The Thank-You Project. She talked to me about how the project started, what it taught her and why each of us can benefit from writing thank you letters.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How you can benefit from your own letter-writing project.
- Why it’s so life-changing to write thank-you letters—even if you never mail them.
- Some of the surprising letters you’ll want to write—including your exes!
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @MidlifeMixtape
- Twitter: @MidlifeMixtape
- Instagram: @MidlifeMixtape
- Spotify Playlists: @daviskho
- Website: MidlifeMixtape.com