Singer songwriter Mary Gauthier has been changing the world one song at a time for the past 20 years. This week, Mary joins host Paula Felps to talk about her new book, Saved by a Song: The Art and Healing Power of Songwriting, which is a fascinating look at the healing power of music both for those who create it and those who listen to it. She also talks with us about her work with SongwritingWith:Soldiers and Frontline Songs, and how those organizations are using music to help individuals heal from the trauma they’ve experienced.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Mary found her calling as a songwriter.
- Why music is so important to our mental health.
- How music is helpful in healing from trauma.
Links and Resources
- Twitter: @marygauthier_
- Facebook: @marygauthiersongs
- Instagram: @marygauthier
- YouTube: @officialmarygauthier