Steve Leventhal on Resilience
In this episode Live Happy magazine science editor Paula Felps talks with Steve Leventhal, executive director of CorStone, about one of 10 practices for choosing joy: resilience.
CorStone is an international nongovernmental organization that develops and provides personal resilience programs to improve well-being for youth worldwide, focusing on adolescent girls in developing countries as critical change-agents in their communities. CorStone believes that cultivating personal resilience is a foundational step in helping youth to thrive—one which is often missing in development programs worldwide. Its evidence-based programs impact three interdependent factors in well-being: emotional health, physical health and education.
What you'll learn in this podcast:
- The importance of a resilience-based curriculum
- How you can apply resilience training to your life
- Basic steps you can take to build your resilience muscles
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Download a free sketch note of this episode
- Learn more about CorStone
- Thank you to our partner—AARP Life Reimagined!
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for joining us this week on Live Happy Now. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Live Happy Now on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are important in helping others find the podcast; we greatly appreciate it! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Steve Leventhal for joining us this week.
- 3 Habits to Boost Resilience
- Bethany Hamilton Rides a Wave of Purpose
- Become More Resilient in 9 Simple Steps